The safety of the students, their families and the community is our first priority. Kaleidoscope follows the COVID-19 Health and safety protocol set out for businesses and the Department of Basic Education.
- Personal Protective Equipment - Students and staff to wear face masks when entering the class and for the duration of the class.
- Temperature check and health screen questionnaire before entering the class room - Students will be sent home if temperature is above 38 and/or symptomatic.
- Attendance list will be kept for contact tracing purposes.
- Hands will be sanitised when entering class and leaving class.
- Students will not share art equipment.
- Separate desks arranged according to guidelines.
- Work areas will be sanitised before each class.
- 5 Golden rules will be advocated.
5 Golden rules of good hygiene
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Do not touch your face with unwashed hands.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or your elbow. Throw the tissue away safely.
- Keep 1.5m away from others.
- Stay home if unwell. Contact the health hotline or your health care worker.
Lets be kind and take care of each other :)
Western Cape Provincial Health Hotline - 021 928 4102
Childline SA 24h toll free (ages 0-16) 0800 055 555